Friday 16 March 2012

Chris Port Blog #328. "Someday A Real Rain Oh..."

“Someday A Real Rain Oh…”
© Chris Port, 16th March 2012


Taxi Driver - The Musical anyone? “Someday A Real Rain Oh…” Another supplementary song from Marty Gull. Marty puts on a Dorothy wig and drives around the West End to the tune of Somewhere Over The Rainbow… 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRa4X07jdE

Someday a real rain oh, you will come
And wash blood from the pavements, oh how I hate those scum
Someday a real rain oh, you will flow
Through the gutters and ghettos a vengeful wind doth blow

Someday I’ll drive my little car
Into a West End theatre bar and explode
In toilets where you cut your snow, your soiled credit cards will glow
That’s where I’ll reload

Someday a real rain oh, you must come
Like the judgment of heaven bursting into boardrooms

If venal little bankers try to bathe in blood oh
So, then so will I.

“Someday a real rain will come…” (Taxi Driver, 1976)

TRAVIS BICKLE: “All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take ‘em to Harlem. I don’t care. Don’t make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won’t even take spooks. Don’t make no difference to me.”

See also: Marty Gull Song #16 Over A Chip Shop
http://martygull.blogspot.com/2010/11/marty-gull-song-16-over-chip-shop.html

Still one of the best bloodfests in cinema. The end shootout in Taxi Driver (1976).

Taxi Driver, Bollywood Style. Awesome. Jaw-droppingly so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgknbeLaE4E

No comments:

Post a Comment